Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My First Blog

This year in science class, I really enjoyed learning about genetics and the human cell structure. When learning about genetics, I found many things about it very interesting. I liked learning about how every offspring is an unique individual and how we become the way we are. I found out that a person can have certain traits even if their parents don't. Some offsprings resemble their parents or siblings by a lot, while others may not. I also enjoyed learning how to use Punnett squares and finding out what traits a couple's offsprings will have. I first thought Punnett squares will be difficult to use, but later I realized that they are an easy and fun way to figure out traits. Before we learned about genetics, we actually got a chance to study the structure and functions of human cells. Cells have many parts that each carry out important functions. A few notable components of a cell are the nucleus, endoplasmic reticulum, and ribosomes. The most fun I had while studying about these two topics was when we got to do activities and labs on them. My favorite activity was when we had to model mitosis with our bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment